The IBM 3581 Tape Autoloader Model L38 has 8 cartridge slots, a 400 GB native data capacity, 800 GB data capacity with compression, 1 Ultrium tape drive, Low Voltage Differential Ultra160 SCSI attachment, and language support.
Maximum data transfer rates are 80 MB/Sec Native and up to 140MB/Sec if 2:1 compression is achieved.
Additional options for this model are;
- Bar Code Reader (Feature Code 7004)
- Remote Management Unit (RMU) (Feature Code 1660)
- Rack Mount Kit (Feature Code 7003)
- LTO3 400/800GB Data Cartridges
- LTO Cleaning Cartridges
- VHDCI-HD68 LVD SCSI Cables in 2.5m, 4.5m, and 10m lengths.
The IBM 3581-L38 is supported by the following operating systems;
- OS/400 V5R2, or later
- AIX 5L V5.1, V5.2, V5.3, or later
- Sun Solaris 8, 9
- Microsoft Windows 2000 (build 2195, or greater)
- Microsoft Windows 2003 (build 3790, or greater)
- HP-UX 11.0 and HP-UX 11i (64-bit). HP-UX patches may be required.
- Linux distributions: Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 3, SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 8
The Model F38 has a Fibre Channel interface. The 3581 Tape Autoloader can be attached to the IBM eServer i5 and iSeries, IBM eServer p5 and pSeries, IBM eServer xSeries, AS/400, RS/6000, RS/6000 SP systems, Netfinity, and non-IBM servers, workstations, and personal computers that support those interface specifications.
Weight & Dimensions
- Width: Rack mount 19 in, stand-alone 16.6 in
- Depth: Rack mount 34 in, stand-along 26.2 in
- Height: Rack mount 3.5 in, stand-alone 3.4 in
- Maximum weight: 12.5 lb without rack mount, Aproximate weight with rack mount kit is 19 lbs.
Request a Quote
« Return to Previous Page