The IBM System Storage™ TS3310 Tape Library consists of the IBM System Storage TS3310 Tape Library Model L5B (3576 Model L5B) and the IBM System Storage TS3310 Tape Library Model E9U (3576 Model E9U).
The TS3310 Tape Library offers:
- Enhanced Model E9U expansion scalability and flexibility to support a full 41U rack (announced in October 2006).
- IBM LTO Ultrium 4 SAS dual-port tape drive support and integration.
- IBM LTO Ultrium 4 Fibre Channel tape drive support and integration.
- Support for LTO Ultrium 4 data and WORM tape cartridges.
- Support for encryption management methods: Application Managed, System Managed, and Library Managed. System Managed and Library Managed Encryption is available through the Transparent LTO Encryption feature.
- Support for mixed Ultrium 4 and Ultrium 3 tape drives and media.
The IBM System Storage TS3310 Tape Library is extremely modular, with physical scalability varying from the 5U Model L5B base library to an additional four Model E9U expansion units. This automated tape library is designed to provide:
- Space-efficient design with modular, stackable growth options, as well as Capacity on Demand growth options
- IBM’s Multi-Path Architecture with logical libraries support for single or multiserver attachment of homogeneous or heterogeneous systems or applications
- Path failover, optional for both control paths and data paths
- Capacity on Demand growth options for its Expansion Modules
- Standalone free-standing library (up to 14U) or optional rack mounting in an industry-standard 19-inch rack
The IBM System Storage TS3310 Tape Library Model L5B is a 5U base library unit, which contains the library control module, fixed tape cartridge storage of 30 slots, a configurable I/O station of 6 slots, a touchscreen display, cartridge handling robotics, and up to two LTO Ultrium 4 or Ultrium 3 Tape Drives.
The IBM System Storage TS3310 Tape Library Model E9U is an optional 9U expansion module. Each E9U expansion module can accommodate up to four LTO Ultrium 4 or Ultrium 3 Tape Drives, additional storage slots, and a configurable I/O station of 12 slots. Now, up to four of these TS3310 E9U tape expansion modules can be added to the TS3310 Model L5B Tape Library, either at the time of purchase or as a follow-on upgrade. As an integrated 41U tape library (5U base library and four 9U expansion modules), you get a maximum library native physical capacity of up to 321.6 TB (643.2 TB with 2:1 compression) using Ultrium 4 tape drives and media. For configurations of 23U and above, the TS3310 Tape Library and Expansion Modules must be installed in a rack.
Request a Quote
International Systems Management, Inc.
5824-E Peachtree Corners East
Norcross, GA, 30092
Email: [email protected]
Get in touch Today
We are here to help you with all of your IT and server needs, please fill out the form or call us directly to get started today.
« Return to Previous Page