The Ultrium Tape Autoloader 3581 Model L23 combines IBM tape and automation reliability at open systems prices. It supports entry level unattended backup, open systems attachment flexibility, enhanced capacity and performance, and includes:
- LVD SCSI drive attachment
- LTO Ultrium 2 native data capacities up to 1.4 TB (up to 2.8 TB using 2:1 compression) with seven cartridge slots
- Use of LTO Ultrium 2 Tape Drive with a drive data rate of 70 MB/second (2:1 data compression)
- Optional bar code reader
- Optional rack mount kit
- Sequential or random access
For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or the Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL (Reference: YE001).
The IBM TotalStorage™ Ultrium Tape Autoloader 3581 Model L23 offers high capacity, performance, and technology for the midrange open systems environment. It incorporates a single Linear Tape-Open (LTO) IBM TotalStorage Ultrium 2 Tape Drive which can more than double tape drive performance over the generation 1 LTO Ultrium Tape Drive (Ultrium 1), up to 35 MB/sec native data transfer rate (70 MB/sec with 2:1 compression). In addition, with the use of the new IBM TotalStorage LTO Ultrium 200 GB Data Cartridge, the Ultrium 2 Tape Drive has the capability of writing twice as much data, up to 200 GB native capacity (400 GB with 2:1 compression). The IBM Ultrium 2 Tape Drive can read and write original LTO Ultrium Data Cartridges at original Ultrium 1 capacities and with an improved performance of up to 20 MB/sec native data transfer rate (40 MB/sec with 2:1 compression). The 3581 Model L23 comes with an LVD Ultra160 SCSI attachment for connection to a wide spectrum of open systems servers. An optional bar code reader feature (with optional part number 18P9210) is also available to assist with unattended backup and recovery operation.
Other Ultrium 2 Tape Drive enhancements:
- Digital speed matching — is designed to help adjust the drive data rate to the host reducing backhitching and improve throughput performance
- Power management — to help reduce power consumption
- Channel calibration — designed to help customize each read/write data channel for optimum performance
- Separate writing of multiple filemarks — designed to help improve performance when writing multiple files
- Larger internal buffer — the internal buffer size is 64 MB, double the buffer size of the Ultrium 1 drives
- Faster drive speeds — faster data access time, reduced rewind time, reduced cartridge load time, and faster cartridge fill time compared to the Ultrium 1 drives
The Ultrium Tape Autoloader 3581 Model L23 is an external stand-alone or rack-mountable (part number 18P9209) unit, similar to previous models of the 3581 autoloader that incorporates a single IBM LTO Ultrium tape drive. The Ultrium Tape Autoloader 3581 Model L23 capacity is seven tape cartridges, providing a physical media capacity of up to 1.4 TB (2.8 TB with 2:1 compression) data storage per unit.
Appropriate levels of host software are required to attach the Ultrium Tape Autoloader 3581 Model L23 with IBM LTO Ultrium 2 Tape Drives to selected IBM xSeries®, IBM iSeries™, AS/400®, IBM pSeries™, RS/6000®, RS/6000 SP™, Netfinity®, HP, Sun, Microsoft™ Windows NT®, Windows® 2000, Windows 2003, Linux, and other UNIX® and PC servers
Request a Quote
« Return to Previous Page