At a Glance
- Tape capacity up to 100 GB native per cartridge (200 GB with 2:1 compression)
- Seven storage slots
- A High Voltage Differential (HVD) Ultra SCSI interface (Model H17)
- A Low Voltage Differential (LVD) Ultra2 SCSI interface (Model L17)
- Data transfer rate up to 15 MB per second (uncompressed), up to 30 MB per second with 2:1 compression
- Optional bar code reader
- External, self-powered packaging
- Front-panel LCD displays
- Support for a wide variety of backup/restore software
- Adherence to Linear Tape-Open (LTO) specifications
The 3581 Ultrium Tape Autoloader is an external, stand-alone or rack-mounted autoloader that incorporates an IBM Ultrium Tape Drive. It attaches to AS/400®, RS/6000®, RS/6000 SP™, Netfinity®, and other UNIX® and PC servers supporting OS/400®, AIX®, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Windows™ 2000, and Windows NT™ open systems with a Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI). The 3581 Ultrium Tape Autoloader capacity is seven tape cartridges, providing a media capacity of up to 700 GB (1.4 TB with 2:1 compression) data storage per library and a sustained data rate of up to 15 MB per second (uncompressed).
In addition to reading and writing on IBM LTO Ultrium-format tape data cartridges, the 3581 provides an excellent migration path from DLT, 4-mm, or 8-mm autoloaders or libraries. The 3581 is a very cost-effective solution for backup, save-and-restore, and archiving functions and is part of a family of IBM Ultrium tape automation solutions.
The IBM 3581 Ultrium Tape Autoloader with an IBM LTO Ultrium Tape Drive is supported on selected AS/400, RS/6000, RS/6000 SP, Sun, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and other UNIX and PC servers. The appropriate attachment adapter and software are requir
Request a Quote
International Systems Management, Inc.
5824-E Peachtree Corners East
Norcross, GA, 30092
Email: [email protected]
Get in touch Today
We are here to help you with all of your IT and server needs, please fill out the form or call us directly to get started today.
« Return to Previous Page