CISCO CATALYST 3550 24-PORT INLINE POWER PLUS SWITCHThe Cisco Catalyst® 3550 Series Intelligent Ethernet Switches is a line of enterprise-class, stackable, multilayer switches that provide high availability, security and quality of service (QoS) to enhance the operation of the network. With a range of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet configurations, the Catalyst 3550 Series can serve as both a powerful access layer switch for medium enterprise wiring closets and as a backbone switch for small networks. Customers can deploy network-wide intelligent services, such as advanced QoS, rate-limiting, Cisco security access control lists, multicast management, and high-performance IP routing-while maintaining the simplicity of traditional local area network (LAN) switching. Embedded in the Catalyst 3550 Series is the Cisco Cluster Management Suite (CMS) Software, which allows users to simultaneously configure and troubleshoot multiple Catalyst desktop switches using a standard Web browser. Cisco CMS Software provides new configuration wizards that greatly simplify the implementation of converged networks and intelligent network services.The Catalyst 3550-24 PWR switch can provide a lower total cost of ownership for deployments that incorporate Cisco IP phones and/or Cisco Aironet wireless LAN access points. With up to 15 Watts of integrated inline power on every 10/100 port, the switch provides maximum device support and eases new technology deployments by eliminating the need for wall power to each IP phone or wireless LAN access point. Additionally, delivering power via the Catalyst 3550-24 PWR switch eliminates the cost for additional electrical cabling that would otherwise be necessary in wireless LAN and IP phone deployments. Maximum power availability for a converged voice and data network is attainable when a Catalyst 3550 Switch is combined with the Cisco Redundant Power System 675 (RPS 675) for seamless protection against internal power supply failures and an uninterruptable power supply (UPS) system to safeguard against power outages.The Cisco Catalyst 3550 Series Intelligent Ethernet Switches include the following configurations:
• Catalyst 3550-24 Switch-24 10/100 ports and two Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC)-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1 rack unit (RU)
• Catalyst 3550-24 PWR Switch-24 10/100 ports with integrated inline power and two GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1 RU
• Catalyst 3550-24-DC Switch-24 10/100 ports and two GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1 RU; DC-powered
• Catalyst 3550-24-FX Switch-24 100FX ports and two GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1 RU
• Catalyst 3550-48 Switch-48 10/100 ports and two GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1 RU
• Catalyst 3550-12G Switch-10 GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10/100/1000BASE-T ports; 1.5 RU
• Catalyst 3550-12T Switch-10 10/100/1000BASE-T ports and two GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports; 1.5 RUThe built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports accommodate a range of GBIC transceivers, including the Cisco GigaStack® GBIC, 1000BASE-T, 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX/LH, 1000BASE-ZX and CWDM GBICs. The dual GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet implementation on the Fast Ethernet configurations provides customers tremendous deployment flexibility-allowing customers to implement one type of stacking and uplink configuration today, while preserving the option to migrate that configuration in the future. High levels of stack resiliency can also be implemented by deploying dual redundant Gigabit Ethernet uplinks, a redundant GigaStack GBIC loopback cable, UplinkFast and CrossStack UplinkFast technologies for high-speed uplink and stack interconnection failover, and Per VLAN Spanning Tree Plus (PVST+) for uplink load balancing. This Gigabit Ethernet flexibility makes the Catalyst 3550 switches an ideal LAN edge complement to the Cisco Catalyst 6500 family of Gigabit Ethernet optimized core LAN switches.Included with the Catalyst 3550-24, 3550-24 PWR, 3550-24-DC, 3550-24-FX and 3550-48 are the Standard Multilayer Software Image (SMI) or the Enhanced Multilayer Software Image (EMI). The SMI feature set includes advanced QoS, rate-limiting, access control lists (ACLs), and basic static and routed information protocol (RIP) routing functionality. The EMI provides a richer set of enterprise-class features including advanced hardware-based IP unicast and multicast routing and the Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP). After initial deployment, the EMI Upgrade Kit gives users the flexibility to upgrade to the EMI. The Catalyst 3550-12T and 3550-12G are only available with the EMI.
Request a Quote
International Systems Management, Inc.
5824-E Peachtree Corners East
Norcross, GA, 30092
Email: [email protected]
Get in touch Today
We are here to help you with all of your IT and server needs, please fill out the form or call us directly to get started today.
« Return to Previous Page