The IBM 7210 Model 025 DVD-RAM drive provides read and write storage capabilities to the iSeries, pSeries, AS/400, and RS/6000 server families. Using DVD-RAM media, up to 9.4 GB of data can be stored on a single disk. Using CD-recordable or CD-RW media, up to 650 MB of data can be read from a single disk. Access times for DVD-RAM media is 155 ms and using CD-ROM media, 100 ms. Write data transfer rates are up to 1.35 MB/second using DVD-RAM media. Read data rates are 2.7 MB/sec using DVD-RAM data and up to 3.6 MB/sec using CD-ROM media. A SCSI-3, 8-bit single-ended interface provides synchronous and asynchronous data transfer. The loading tray accepts 8 cm and 12 cm disks in the horizontal plane and 12 cm in the vertical plane. Read compatibility allows multi-session, CD-recordable, CD-RW, Mode 1 and 2, XA, and CD-DA reading. DVD video and UDF are not supported. One half-high media bay is required for mounting.
- Width: 250 mm (9.8 in)
- Depth: 275 mm (10.8 in)
- Height: 55 mm (2.2 in)
- Weight: 3.6 kg (7.9 lbs)
- Temperature: 16 to 32 degrees C (60 to 90 degrees F)
- Relative Humidity: 20% to 80% (non-condensing)
- Wet Bulb: 23.0 degrees C (73 degrees F)
- Electrical Power: 0.23 kVA at 120 V ac (typical)
- Power Factor: 0.4 to 0.6
- Power Supply: 100 to 125 V ac or 200 to 240 V ac at 50 to 60 Hz
- BTU Maximum: 41.6 BTU/hr (12.2 watts at 240 V ac)
- Maximum Altitude: 2,135 m (7,000 ft)
When attaching the Model 025 to iSeries or AS/400 servers with adapters #2718, #2768, #5702, or #5705, the following daisy-chained configurations are supported:
- Two 7210-025
- One 7210-025 and one 7210-020 (the 7210-025 must be first on the bus)
- One 7210-020 or 7210-025 and one 7207-122 (7207 must be first on the bus)
- One 7210-020 or 7210-025 and one 7208-345 (7208 must be first on the bus)
Note: Use of 8 cm discs is in the horizontal orientation only.
Note: DVD video is not supported.
Note: Universal Data Format (UDF) is not supported.
This product can be attached to an iSeries or AS/400 using any of the following adapters:
- PCI Magnetic Media Controller (#2718)
- PCI Magnetic Media Controller (#2768)
- PCI-X Ultra Tape Controller (#5702).
- PCI-X Tape/DASD Controller (#5705)
This product can be attached to a pSeries or RS/6000 using any of the following RS/6000 adapters:
- PCI Dual Channel Ultra2 SCSI Adapter (#6205)
- PCI SE/Ultra SCSI Adapter (#6206)
The 7210 Model 025 is supported for attachment on the Integrated Ultra2 SCSI Adapter (LVD with VHDCI connector) as used on the following pSeries or RS/6000 models (requires AIX 4.3.3, or later):
- 7044-170, 7044-270
- pSeries 640 (7026-B80)
Request a Quote
« Return to Previous Page