IBM 4498 32GB (4x 8GB) DDR2 400MHz Main Storage
- Memory is installed in groups of four or quads of DIMMs mounted on the processor cards. Each processor card must contain 4 DIMMs minimum. Each processor card has 8 DIMM slots.
- DDR1 memory is supported on 1.5 GHz processor cards (feature 7834), 1.65 GHz processor cards (feature 7830), and 1.9 GHz processor cards (feature 7832). DDR2 memory is supported on 1.9 GHz processor cards (feature 7833), 1.9 GHz processor card (feature 7782), and 2.2 GHz processor card (feature 8338). All DIMMs in a 9117-570system must use the same memory technology, either DDR1 or DDR2.
Note: For a list of CCIN codes that match the feature codes see the table Table 1.
- Each processor card must have at least 2 GB of memory installed.
- Memory should be balanced across a system. Installing the same amount of memory in each processor card allows the system to operate at optimum performance.
- Memory features 4499 (16 GB DDR2) and 4498 (32 GB DDR2) can only be used with 2.2 GHz processor feature 8338.
- Memory features 4498 and 4499 can be mixed on the same processor card; feature 8338. No other memory features can be installed on the same processor card with memory features 4498 or 4499.
- The presence of memory feature 4498 or 4499 in the system will reduce the frequency of all memory in the system to 400 MHz.
- The presence of memory features 4492, 4494, or 7049 in a system will reduce the frequency of all memory in the system to 200 MHz.
- Memory features 4492, 4494, and 7049 can be mixed on the same processor card. No other memory features can be installed on the same processor card with 4492, 4494, or 7049.
- Good planing is essential for optimum performance and to allow for future memory upgrades.
Table 1. Feature codes and Customer Card Identification Numbers (CCIN) Feature Code Customer Card Identification Number (CCIN) 4492 30F7 4494 310E 4498 314C 4499 314A 7049 310F 7782 53C8 7830 26F2 7832 26D9 7833 26DA 7834 26EF 8338 53C9
Request a Quote
« Return to Previous Page