At a Glance
- Tape capacity up to 100 GB native per cartridge (200 GB with 2:1 compression)
- Seven storage slots
- A High Voltage Differential (HVD) Ultra SCSI interface (Model H17)
- A Low Voltage Differential (LVD) Ultra2 SCSI interface (Model L17)
- Data transfer rate up to 15 MB per second (uncompressed), up to 30 MB per second with 2:1 compression
- Optional bar code reader
- External, self-powered packaging
- Front-panel LCD displays
- Support for a wide variety of backup/restore software
- Adherence to Linear Tape-Open (LTO) specifications
The 3581 Ultrium Tape Autoloader is an external, stand-alone or rack-mounted autoloader that incorporates an IBM Ultrium Tape Drive. It attaches to AS/400®, RS/6000®, RS/6000 SP™, Netfinity®, and other UNIX® and PC servers supporting OS/400®, AIX®, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Windows™ 2000, and Windows NT™ open systems with a Small Computer Systems Interface (SCSI). The 3581 Ultrium Tape Autoloader capacity is seven tape cartridges, providing a media capacity of up to 700 GB (1.4 TB with 2:1 compression) data storage per library and a sustained data rate of up to 15 MB per second (uncompressed).
In addition to reading and writing on IBM LTO Ultrium-format tape data cartridges, the 3581 provides an excellent migration path from DLT, 4-mm, or 8-mm autoloaders or libraries. The 3581 is a very cost-effective solution for backup, save-and-restore, and archiving functions and is part of a family of IBM Ultrium tape automation solutions.
The IBM 3581 Ultrium Tape Autoloader with an IBM LTO Ultrium Tape Drive is supported on selected AS/400, RS/6000, RS/6000 SP, Sun, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and other UNIX and PC servers. The appropriate attachment adapter and software are requir
Request a Quote
« Return to Previous Page